CSEP-PATH® Manual (print copy)
Whether you currently hold, or are pursuing a CSEP certification, or are practicing in a related field, we hope this manual will be a key resource for you in your ongoing efforts to deepen your knowledge, skills and professional competence.
The Resource Manual includes a comprehensive set of evidence-based physical activity, fitness and lifestyle assessment protocols.
Packaging: The CSEP-PATH® Manual comes in a lab and facility friendly layflat format. The sections comes in a handy sleeve and can easily be added to a binder.
CSEP-PATH® Resource Manual 2018 refresh ISBN: 978-1-896900-40-7
Section 1: Foundations
- Examines the issues around physical activity and health, with a specific focus on the latest available information on Canadians' patterns of physical activity, sedentary behaviour.
Section 2: The CSEP-PATH
- Presents the CSEP-PATH® itself, a 5-step sequence based on the 5-A's (Ask, Assess, Advise, Agree and Assist/Arrange).
Section 3: Training for Health and Performance
- Focuses on training for health, fitness and training for performance-related fitness
Section 4, 5, 6, 7, 8: Training Elements Review
- Special considerations at play when working with clients with a disability, children and youth, pregnant women, older adults or clients with a chronic condition.
Section 9: Professional Concepts:
- Information of relevance to those interesting in or pursing CSEP certification.
- Provides a series of Client Questionnaires, Handouts, Worksheets and Tools for qualified Exercise Professionals to use.