CSEP-PATH® Manual Second Edition (print copy)
|If you are a registered CSEP member, please login with your CSEP email to purchase a manual at a special CSEP member price. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.|
The CSEP Physical Activity Training for Health® (CSEP-PATH®) Resource Manual is an evidence-informed, quality textbook and tool for qualified exercise professionals.
The Second Edition of the manual, released in 2019, has been extensively updated with content to reflect the latest research in exercise science, and an easy to use look and feel.
Learn how to support clients from initial intake to continued support through a client-centred process. The manual provides a comprehensive set of assessment protocols and extensive information on working with a variety of clients and their unique needs from children, to older adults, to those who live with disabilities, or those with a stable medical condition.
Format / Packaging: The 528 page CSEP-PATH® Resource Manual comes in a lab and facility friendly lay flat format. Each of the 14 sections is a 3-hole punched booklet that can be stored together or used section by section as needed.
Second Edition Highlights:
- Content features a balance of scientific content and practical application.
- The CSEP-PATH® Toolkit features 39 tools organized to align with the content in the manual. Each manual comes with a unique serial code to access complimentary electronic versions of the Toolkit.
- Two new protocols have been added to the CSEP-PATH Section: Forearm Plank and Y Balance Test. Predicted 1-Repetition Maximum has been moved from Training for Health to Step 2 – Assess.
- New section has been added on Training Clients Living with Being Overweight or Obese.
- Three distinct sections were developed from the previous Foundations Section: Anatomy and Physiology, Lifestyle Behaviours and Health, and Behaviour Change.
- Updated resources have been incorporated, including:
- Directives Canadiennes en Matière de Mouvement sur 24 Heures for Children & Youth (ages 5-17)
- Directives Canadiennes en Matière de Mouvement sur 24 Heures for the Early Years (ages 0-4)
- SOGC / CSEP 2019 Directives canadiennes en matière d'activitié physique pendant la grossesse
- Get Active Questionnaire
- Canada’s Food Guide 2019
CSEP-PATH® Resource Manual Second Edition ISBN: 978-1-896900-46-9
Section 1: Basic Anatomy and Physiology
Section 2: Lifestyle Behaviours and Health
Section 3: Behaviour Change
Section 4: CSEP-PATH
Section 5: Training for Health & Performance
Section 6: Training for Children and Youth
Section 7: Training for Pregnant Women
Section 8: Training for Clients Living with being Overweight or Obese
Section 9: Training for Persons with a Disability
Section 10: Training for Older Adults
Section 11: Training for Clients Living with Chronic Conditions